Developing Stable, High Affinity scFvs
StableBody Technologies, LLC (SBT) is a privately held protein engineering company based in Madison, WI. SBT was founded and is managed by individuals having almost 100 years of combined scientific, business, and finance experience working in early stage technology firms and large Fortune 50 size corporations.
SBT is committed to become an industry leader for the stabilization and affinity optimization of proteins, for applications in clinically relevant biomarker detection and treatment, environmental and bio-threat detection and countermeasures. Such proteins include antibodies generally found in the blood that detect and destroy invaders, like bacteria and viruses.
SBT’s platform combines a proprietary bioinformatics system, our BioDesign™ System (BDS™) with proprietary protein expression and production systems to produce “robust” recombinant proteins and antibody fragments such as single chain antibody fragments (scFvs). These “robust” proteins are capable of withstanding elevated temperatures in harsh environments while maintaining high specificity and sensitivity to target.
SBT is focused on the development of stable and affinity optimized clinically relevant scFvs. SBT addresses the generation of engineered proteins through the use of a proprietary algorithm for generating specific, high affinity and stable scFvs to clinically relevant biomarkers.
SBT continually increases the functionality of its proprietary bioinformatics system, providing increased accuracy of select amino acid substitutions for use in product construct design and development. These tools reduce development expenses by decreasing the design, expression, and production time.
Objective of Core Platform Technology
- To improve protein thermodynamic stability to extend product shelf life and reduce costs
- To allow protein/kit storage and use in a wider range of temperature conditions
- To eliminate cold chain (refrigeration/freezing) issues for shipping and storage
- To improve protein binding properties for higher sensitivity and specificity in detection kits
- To reduce reagent usage due to improved protein properties thereby reducing the costs of goods sold
- To improve manufacturing efficiencies for shorter production times, higher yields and lowering cost
- To reduce research, development and manufacturing costs to bring products to market faster